Dear Compatriots and Friends,
Welcome to 2021!
The Massachusetts Society Sons of the American Revolution Annual Meeting will be a virtual meeting using the Zoom platform this year on Saturday, 20 February 2021 beginning promptly at 10:00am. As with nearly everything else we have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are being forced to adjust. With every challenge comes opportunity. Because this year’s Annual Meeting is virtual there is no cost. There is no driving. Our membership can participate from the comfort from our own homes. Lastly, rather than an all-day event this year’s Annual Meeting will be less than three hours. We are hopeful we will have much greater participation this year.
While many public activities were forced to be curtailed this past year and what appears well into 2021 the business of the society must go on. There are annual business matters that must be addressed. The slate of officers for 2021 must be completed, voted and inducted. We must also comply with our fiduciary responsibilities to the Society. All MASSAR Members in Good Standing may vote at this meeting. All members of MASSAR are urged to attend. Please preregister for the meeting on Zoom at this link. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. An agenda for the gathering is below.
We are planning a statewide picnic when the state reopens and large gatherings are permitted – hopefully in August or September. There will be no cost for this event and we hope to have a large turnout. Please be looking for additional information on the massar.org website, your email inbox and your mailbox.
Please join us. See fellow Compatriots you haven’t seen since before the pandemic started. I hope to see you online in February.
Sons of the American Revolution
AGENDA132th Annual (Zoom) Meeting
Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 10:00am
- Call to Order and Welcome – President Edgar Hoak
- Invocation – Chaplain Reverend Peter Preble
- Pledge to the Flag – Vice President Christopher Tourtellot
- Pledge to the S.A.R. – Vice President Peter Crone
- Annual Reports1
- 2020 Annual Meeting Minutes – J. Whitney Halloran
- National Trustee Report – William Battles III
- Registrar’s Report – David Robison, Registrar
- Membership & Dues Report – Stephen J Hawko, Secretary
- Treasurer’s Budget Report – David Bowie, Treasurer
- Financial Trustee Report – Jim Lundy, Financial Trustee
- 2021 Investment Forecast – Clark Loth, Financial Trustee
- Vote on Constitution and Bylaw Amendments – Tom Vincent, Chancellor
- Vote on Slate for 2021 – Tom Vincent, Chancellor
- Special Guest Speaker (Jenny Warner)2
- Induct 2021 Officers – Tom Vincent, Chancellor
- Awards and Recognition – President Edgar Hoak
1All reports are contained in the Massachusetts Society Sons of the American Revolution 132nd Annual Report and will be available for download by 10 February 2021 on our website.
2The subject of this year’s presentation will be the Boston Massacre – How, why and its aftermath.